Parking at the RNSYC
The club has only limited parking, access being via a swipe-card operated security gate.
There is virtually no kerb-side parking in the vicinity. Several pay-and-display car parks are situated close by (see map) but those on
the sea front are expensive for longer stays. The Belvedere Road car park and new long-stay car park
are within easy walking distance of the club and more reasonable.
Guidelines for parking at the club
These guidelines have been drawn up to try and maximise use of the very
limited car parking space available within the club.
1. The area along the front of the club is reserved for Flag Officers
and the Race Officer. Please do not block the entrance to this area.
2. Respect other users of the car park and avoid parking either too
close or too far away from adjacent vehicles.
3. Make sure there is clear passage at all times from the gate, along
the side of the visitor's shower block, to the boat park.
4. No cars allowed in the boat park at weekends.
5. If you have gear or stores for your boat, try to bring it down during
the week rather at weekends.
6. Racing crews who are not RNSYC members should be advised to park in
nearby public car parks.
7. Be careful if you park at the apex of the car park, just inside the
gate. It is very easy to block entry to, and exit from, the entire car park.
8. Do not park so as to block in other cars.
9. If you are planning a visit just for shopping at weekends, please use
one of the public car parks. You stand a much better chance of getting
10. Make sure you display a current club car sticker.
11. Please respect the position of club staff. They are just obeying
instructions and trying to make the agreed system work. There will
inevitably be times when it proves necessary to lock the gate and
operate on a "one out -- one in" basis.
Car parks within walking distance of the RNSYC
Directions: Lowestoft's road system
In 2007 several alterations were implemented to the traffic flow in Lowestoft town center and the approaches
to the harbour bridge, also affecting vehicle access to the club.
(1) From the north via the A12:
Cross the bascule bridge in the left-hand lane into Pier Terrace; at the traffic lights bear left
towards Marine Parade. Where the road bears right into Marine Parade proper, turn sharp left
across Royal Plain (now pedestrianised) to the club.
(2) From the south via the new A12 relief road or from the west via the A146:
These two roads now merge at a new roundabout. Continue in the right-hand lane, with the Asda
Supermarket on your left, to the next roundabout where take the third exit, Mill Road.
At the T-junction turn left into London Road South (right-hand lane). Immediately before the
junction at Pier Terrace, bear right towards Marine Parade. Where the road bears right into Marine
Parade proper, turn sharp left across Royal Plain (now pedestrianised) to the club.
(3) From the south via the A12 and B1532:
From the A12 at Pakefield, take the B1532 (London Road) towards Lowestoft. Beyond the junction
with Mill Road follow the instructions in (2) above.
Map of Lowestoft Road
on February 16 2011 08:50:37
Please Login to Post a Comment.
Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here